80% of learning is through vision. Eyecare Kids services are designed not only for clear, comfortable vision but to ensure that their eyes work together as a team. We’ll assess how their eyes and brain process visual information to give them the best possible vision to reach their full learning potential! Our practice has additional services with a modest fee to cover the extra tests.
WELCOME to OUR PRACTICE
We’re Your Local Optometrist With a Special Interest In
Children’s Vision and Myopia Treatments
Consultation Fees and Additional Services
A FOCUS ON CHILDREN’S VISION
In addition to the initial comprehensive eye test, a behavioural assessment takes closer look at their eye focusing, eye teaming and eye tracking skills as well as screen for possible vision processing difficulties. For significant binocular conditions such as convergence insufficiency, a review may be recommended 6-12 monthly.
Certain prescription such as latent hyperopia, astigmatism and progressive myopia as well as binocular problems such as strabismus and amblyopia may require a cyclopegic refraction. Drops (which do sting a little for a few seconds) are used to help relax the focusing system and help the optometrist determine their prescription objectively. Cyclopegia takes up to 1 hour to dilate and sight can feel blurry for a few hours afterwards.
For children requiring myopia control monitoring and regular review of their binocular visual skills. Regular cycloplegia refractions may be required if dynamic retinoscopy results are not stable as well as topography mapping. This fee is included in the Ortho-K program.
For children requiring strabismus and/or amblyopia monitoring and regular review of their spectacle prescription, angle of deviations, suppression and patching regimen. Regular cycloplegia refractions may be required.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your Medicare card and private health fund card
- Any old spectacles, contact lenses with the CL box or copy of your prescription
- A list of any prescription/non-prescription eye drops and medications you are taking
- Any relevant reports or referrals from another practitioner
- Please allow 30-60 min for your appointment.
HOW TO GET TO OUR PRACTICE
We are located at Southpoint Shopping Centre on Shop 8, 236 – 262 Bunnerong Road, Hillsdale NSW 2036. Click for directions.
There is free all-day shopping centre parking available (car park access from Flint St).
A LITTLE ABOUT US
- We have been servicing the local communities’ eyecare and vision needs since 2012.
- We invest in a comprehensive suite of diagnostic equipment often not found in other practices, allowing for more thorough and precise exams.
- Our staff are highly qualified and continually trained to provide superior clinical services and solutions.
- We are 100% Australian owned and operated (not owned by overseas corporations).