Eyecare Kids Provides Behavioual Optometry Services
- Behavioural optometry is more than just checking if you can see clearly. It is an expanded area of practice because it takes into account visual motor and visual processing skills.
- Eyecare Kids Optometrists takes a holistic approach to ensure that your child has the strength and stamina to keep up with all the near demands placed on them
- Eyecare Kids Optometrists do this by assessing how their eyes and brain processes visual information, and use it to measure how this processing affects your child’s performance and behaviour.
- Eyecare Kids exams include a comprehensive review of learning related skills: focusing, teaming, tracking and vision information processing skills
Eyecare Kids Believes In The Benefits of Vision Therapy
- Vision Therapy aims to improve a child’s visual abilities through one or a combination of eye exercises, lenses, prisms or eye patching.
- Eyecare Kids Vision Therapy Progams are individually tailored to help students with vision issues such as lazy eyes, poor focusing, eye teaming and tracking difficulties.
- Eyecare Kids Optometrists will ensure that Visual Skills are developed to make the eyes more comfortable with reading, particularly as sore eyes and eye strain are common complaints.
- For children with Strabismus and/or Amblyopia, vision therapy can help the eyes work better together, learn to keep the eyes straight and even see 3-D if they couldn’t before.
Eyecare Kids Will Do Everything They Can To Slow Down Your Child’s Myopia
- Myopia Control is about understanding your options to slow down the progression of myopia.
- Eyecare Kids Optometrists will take the time to explain the risk factors contributing the prescription becoming worse. This includes family history, how much time is spent doing near activities compared with outdoor activities
- Eyecare Kids Optometrists knows from studies that excessive convergence and poor eye focusing as been linked to myopia as risk factors. Extra care is taken to measure these risk factors.
- Eyecare Kids Optometrists will discuss the treatment options available to slow down progression and this includes, ortho-k, bifocal lenses, multifocal contact lenses and atropine eyedrops. Our optometrists knows that normal glasses are the least effective way to slow down progression.
Optometrists Association Australia recommends that children have a full eye examination with an optometrist before starting school and at least every two years thereafter. Eye examinations usually attract a Medicare rebate and no referral is required. Vision therapy may attract health insurance benefits.