A Sydney group of local optometrists providing Eyecare Kids services, NSW is in the running to take out one of Australia’s top industry awards!
Eyecare Kids has been shortlisted as a finalist to win one award in the Health and Wellbeing category at the Optus My Business Awards 2016, hosted by My Business, Australia’s longest-running publication tailored to the small business community.
Eyecare Kids services are delivered by a dedicated team of vision experts which include Behavioural Optometrists, Vision Therapists and Optical Dispensers who have special interest in looking after children’s visual needs! Here are 3 reasons why Eyecare Kids is a standout when it comes to kids eye care!
1. Knowledge & Experience
- Our Behavioural Optometrists are extensively trained and utilise evidence-based practice to help your child’s vision and development beyond standard care.
- They will take the time to educate parents on myopia control options for short-sightedness and go beyond simple distance glasses.
- As well as non-surgical treatment options for strabismus (eye turn) and amblyopia (lazy eye).
2. Spectacle Lens Expertise
- Our Optical Dispensers are highly experienced and knowledgeable in the optics of lenses.
- They will take the time to take all the measurements and heights from your child to fit them perfectly.
- They can help parents select the correct lenses for difficult and high prescriptions.
- They love making beautiful and functional glasses for children.
3. Fashion your kids will love
- Choose from a huge range of fun and stylish frames that your child will be thrilled to wear.
- Hello Kitty, Guess, Nike, Adidas, Lacoste, Guess, Domani, Tomato Kids and Miraflex!
- They even stock hard-to-find baby frames, swimming goggles and sports glasses.
- They’ve got the gear your kid needs to excel in school and look cool in the playground too.
The Optus My Business Awards, which covers 24 categories, recognises individual and business excellence across the diverse range of industries and locations in which small businesses operate.
Winners in the individual categories will automatically be shortlisted for the coveted My Business – Business of the Year Award.
“This year we’ve received a huge interest in the Optus My Business Awards, with hundreds of submissions flowing in from across the country. Congratulations to all the businesses that have made it to the finalist stage – it’s an outstanding achievement,” said Phillip Tarrant, editor of My Business. “With so much innovation, hard work and service excellence on display, I don’t envy the judges their difficult job of determining the winners. I have no doubt the excitement will only continue to build as we count down to the big night.”
Soojin Nam, Behavioral Optometrist at Eyecare Kids said she was humbled by the nomination.
“Eyecare Kids’ recognition for its excellent contribution to the local areas our 6 locations look after in Sydney (Roselands, Bankstown, Chullora, Broadway, Kareela and Hillsdale) reinforces the strength of the brand in connecting with parents, teachers and allied health professionals who care about children’s health and development,” she added.
The winners will be announced at a five-star gala awards dinner on Friday, 18 November at Sydney’s Four Points by Sheraton.
Dr. Soojin Nam, Behavioural Optometrist
- Hillsdale: (02) 93114600
- Bankstown: (02) 97905343
- Chullora: (02) 96427799
- Broadway: (02) 9211 6635
- Roselands: (02) 97404675
- Kareela: (02) 95282041